18 Frequently Asked OPC UA, DA Questions
In this guide, learn all of the answers to 18 practical OPC frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you on your way to a deeper understanding of OPC UA, DA, A&E and HDA technology and how they can help you.
You'll get detailed answers to the following common questions:
- What does the OPC acronym stand for?
- What's the difference between an OPC client and OPC server?
- Why do I need OPC servers if my control hardware vendor says they support OPC?
- Do OPC servers have to run on server-class computers and operating systems?
- If I have multiple brands of devices do I need multiple OPC servers?
- How can 2 OPC servers talk to each other?
- How can 2 OPC clients talk to each other?
- Why are there so many OPC standards? (DA, A&E, HDA, UA)
- What's OPC A&E?
- What's OPC HDA?
- Why OPC UA?
- Can OPC UA talk to OPC DA and vice versa?
- My OPC Server doesn’t support OPC UA yet but my OPC client does, what do I do?
- Can OPC DA 2 and DA 3 clients and servers talk to each other?
- What are OPC data quality and timestamps all about?
- I need to share data between a control system and metering system, or between 2 control systems – how do I do it with OPC?
- Where should my OPC servers be placed in my network security model?
- I need redundancy in my OPC system, how do I do that?
Complete the form at the right to receive an email with an immediate download of this free beginner's guide to OPC.